draining air from 405

How many air draining points there are in Peugeot 405 cooling system ? I know there is one over the thermostat cap. Are there more ?

Thanks.

Reply to
Marius Kaizerman

That is the only one I've found on my 1995 405 XU7 petrol. It can be swine to bleed but I just run it for a few days, checking levels daily and topping up as needed. After that it usually stabilises.

HTH

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thanks. But if it takes a few days to stabilize, it means there's at least one more point.

Reply to
Marius Kaizerman

I think it possible means there is a high point that there should be a bleed point fitted not necessarily that there is one fitted there.

I'm sure I have read about filling the radiator with a tall large capacity funnel temporarily sealed into the filler opening and running the engine upto temperature with this in place. I've never bothered to try it as my method has been OK for me.

regards

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin