406 security card

Anyone know how much it costs to get a replacement security code card for a

2.2 Hdi? Regards Phil.
Reply to
Philip Western

"phil53" wrote: > Anyone know how much it costs to get a replacement security > code card for a > 2.2 Hdi? > Regards Phil.

Hi, the card supplied with a new vehicle contains only a 4 digit alpha code i.e. XBYY, and this is the only bit of info the dealership needs to re-write ECU info. If you dont have it the dealership can get immediately from Peugeot and will charge you about £17.00 for it. If you really want a replacement card, I dont know if its possible, but why would you want it? Tony

Reply to
Tonyh

card has nothing to do with injection ecu or anything though its purely about the keys and security

Reply to
mindwipe

can't get a card but you can get the code from peugeot ,this code is important for adding keys, if your car is mux and you have a bsi download for some reason or other, you need this code to enter into the bsi.finally this code IS stored in the engine mangement e.c.u. , if you need to replace it(eng man ecu) without entering the transponder code on a none mux it will start . But it aint gonna be secure due to the fact no transponder code programmed into it.. all the best mark ( peugeot master technician)

Reply to
MARK BANKS via CarKB.com

where are you master tech mark? sure the guys here will want to seek you out if you are local to them just to add you also need to supply all keys you own if bsi is reprogrammed as well (if only we could get receptionists to understand this) Jeff,Leeds

Reply to
mindwipe

Know what you mean. We have trained our receptionists to ask for all the keys and the card any time the car needs to go near a Diag! Better that way.

Reply to
nigel

glad its worked with yours nigel ours are simply brain dead

Reply to
mindwipe

Hi jeff im master tech at goodfellows in walsall west mids.... receptionists nightmare aren't they mate!. some of the job descriptions absolutely have me in bits too, very far off the REAL problem/s ...all the best mark

Reply to
MARK BANKS via CarKB.com

not sure we have met then mark they tended to put us in groups by area on the courses dont recognise goodfellows from any of my course lists anyway Regards Jeff previously msf ,leeds they didnt pay though!!

Reply to
mindwipe

yeah they do tend to put us in areas / dpsm area . my mate works at one of the msf places ? simon gummerson is his name anyway .If you look on pug link by master tech forum you may see some of my posts in there ,last year i got in the last 10 for the tech of the year comp. all the best mark

Reply to
MARK BANKS via CarKB.com

i know simon,hes a good lad he used to work at arundale in bridlington then went to msf york last i heard from him he went on to mercedes i no longer have access to the master tech forums since i defected to renault regards jeff

Reply to
mindwipe

That's my local dealer !

They're held in high regard around these parts - certainly MUCH higher than Arundale in Scarborough !

Reply to
Nom

once went in there when the clutch cable snapped on my astra(now long gone) just past the fire station they pointed me in the direction for the vauxhall agent in town they were gonna get a driver to drop me off but wife was up for a walk about the town(to spend money) so we legged it

Reply to
mindwipe