fitting a travel pilot sat nav to a 206

I have just bought Blaupunkt travel pilot sat nav head unit, Tried fitting straight into my 03 206 with some strange results,the fuel and stop warning lights on the dash started flashing,Any ideas why this happens both use standard iso connections as far as i know, but the 206 is multiplexed could this make any difference,

would appreciate any help

Thanks

Reply to
Tommy Williams

"Tommy Williams" a écrit dans le message de news:cd1hmb$6e7$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com...

Hi,

I think you need a specific adaptator to connect your standard radio head unit to multiplexed vehicles harness. You can't plug it directly without generating troubles on Intrument Cluster mainly.

Regards

Reply to
R1

Hi,

Yes, it could. Perhaps you need to deactivate radio control feature on the BSI (which means another trip at your dealer). As the car is under warranty (24 months std, perhaps more on some export destinations), it should be free of charge. You also may well lose your remote control & radio display on MFD with a non original radio.

HTH, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Hi Thanks for the info,I have phoned the dealer i bought the car hoping they might know but all they said was to try it in the car,"it may work or it may not work"but they fit Blaupunkt sat nav as standard so it shouldn`t be that much of a job if i took it to them to fit.(which may be the safer option)

Reply to
Tommy Williams