Front airbag lamp is blinking on 306

Hello !

I have a 306 Norwest with 2 front aibags an d 2 side airbags (in the seats)

A few months ago, the control lamp for the front airbags was blinking from time to time, now it blinks allways. The control lamp for the side airbags remain off.

Does anyone have an idea what it can be and where to take a look ??

TIA

Roland, Strasbourg, France

Reply to
Roland MATHIS

Under the front seats, the wires for the seatbelt pre-tensioners is usually the common fault.

Reply to
Dave

wire and use a soldering iron to re connect as they easily come loose...

Reply to
Carl Collins

Carl Collins a écrit :

Hello !

I allready heard about that probleme under the seats.

But in my car its the Front airbag(s) lamp wich flashes, and not the side airbags lamp.

Roland

Reply to
Roland MATHIS

Yes but this isn't for the side airbags, its for the seatbelt pre-tensioners than are situated on both front seats by the seatbelt clip on the base of chairs, they are usually orange wires. If these aren't working then the airbag light goes off.

Reply to
Dave