Front license plate mounting on '05 GT

My '05 GT has two 'dimples' in the front, plastic bumper for the purpose of mounting a license plate. I assume that means drilling the plastic bumper and bolting a plate on. I can envision sheer ugliness.

Any ideas or better mounting tips. Anyone know of frames which would match body colors (Screaming Yellow, for example)?

TIA

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

Double sided foam tape?

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset
2 sided 3M tape. The kind used on those window guards to keep rain and wind out. We used to use it all the time to mount plates on trucks for people that had custom bumpers and had to have plates up front.
Reply to
2.3Sleeper

You can get it at your local body shop supply place. The tape is gray with an orange liner on it. Last I checked, it was about $35 a roll, but after you have a roll, you will use it for other things too. Like: Sticking the cat to the wall keeping the kids off the furniture practical jokes on your spouse repairing the wounds inflicted after your spouse found out it was you that taped their butt cheeks together

Seriously, it works great for other applcations too but it is primarily used for holding side moldings and emblems on.

Kate

| > Any ideas or better mounting tips. Anyone know of frames which would | > match body colors (Screaming Yellow, for example)? | >

| > TIA | >

| > John H | >

| > On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, | > on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay! | >

| > "Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to | resolve it." | > Rene Descartes | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Great idea, thanks!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

Thanks much! Does it come off when desired? Will a solvent such as mineral spirits or something allow it to be taken off.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

Thanks Kate. I especially like the cat idea!

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

You get the stuff off the same way you put it on. Heat. I always warm it up first with a blow dryer before putting it on. Use a little heat and some alcohol to get it off.

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper

Thanks Don.

John H

On the 'PocoLoco' out of Deale, MD, on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!

"Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it." Rene Descartes

Reply to
JohnH

My wife loved the butt cheeks idea...

Reply to