GEARBOX OIL LEVELS..

Please help.. i need to check / change my gearbox oil on my peugeot

307..however i have no idea about cars..could somebody out there, please assist me in locating and changing the oil..

many thanks..

roly..

Reply to
roly

Should be drain plugs some place on the gearbox.drain plug at bottom of box and a filler plug up a bit from the drain plug.takes about 2-2,5 lts.chris addlestone surrey

Reply to
Chris

Should be drain plugs some place on the gearbox.drain plug at bottom of box and a filler plug up a bit from the drain plug.takes about 2-2,5 lts.chris addlestone surrey

Reply to
Chris

Is that a manual or automatic box? Why do you think you need to do this? Certainly the manual box does not require an oil change under normal circumstances. However, the level plug is on the end of the box, about 5 O'Clock as you look at it from the LH wheel arch. It is the larger bolt head holding the pressed steel cover on. Make sure that the car is level, and remove plug. If oil is right level, you will get a slight drip out of the hole. Otherwise add a little EP80 or similar oil until it does just dribble out. If it is an automatic box, I have no idea, either take it to a mechanic or buy a Haynes manual.

Reply to
Brian

If it is an auto transmission (AL4) once you drain the oil and refill it you may have problems. Apparently you need to hook up the car to the DIAG2000 computer at a transmission oil change. From what I can understand, if you drain the oil and refill it, the car's computer system does not know that there is new oil in the transmission until the DIAG2000 tells the car's computer system that it has new oil. Sounds strange I know...

Dan.

Brian wrote:

Reply to
tricky4000