HELP please cant unlock 106 front doors!

I?ve got an old 106 that we cant unlock the front doord on, its been standing for 3 months so they may have seized but it feels like something is preventing the key from turning to unlock door. immobiloiser is fitted but car starts (after clambering thriugh boot and over seats) boot hatch unlocks/opens as do rear doors, although no key is needed there. have tried interior pull up knob and have sprayed everywhere with relesasing spray but still no joy. there is no central locking as far as i know. just wondering if anyone knew what problem is before i make a fool of myself at local garage!

Reply to
buzzbat

First off make sure that you have turned the key in the door to the open position, then climb inside, hold the door handle inside as if you were about to exit the car, now for the fun bit, while doing this bang your shoulder into the door a few times and if you are lucky it will open. I have a Citroen synergie and the doors on that seem to stick themselves closed sometimes within a few days of not using it. I like you have oiled and wd40'ed silicone greased it but it still seems to be able to stick shut within days. Gentle pressure from the inside might just do it . I had a 505 estate many years ago and the sunroof on that was a slide back type and that would stick itself stuck on the rubbers and would need you to climb in the back put your feet on the back of the seats and pull like mad to open it. GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

If the mechanism's like the one in the 205 there's a spring that fails so one of the linkages sticks halfway. If you can get the door panel off it needs to be pulled downwards. I fixed ours using an extension spring and a length of steel wire to one of the holes in the bottom of the door used to attache the panel.

If it feels like it's unlocking though (especially from the inside) try a good hard push from the inside while pulling the handle - the grip on the door seals when they get stuck (especially iced up) has to be seen to be believed.

Reply to
Chris Hodges