hi

WELL HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL, LETS HOPE NEXT YEAR IS A GOOD YEAR FOR SOME OF US, AT LEAST ME.

Reply to
Chris

After this year Chris you certainly deserve a break. Happy Christmas to you and all the listeners and I hope you all have a good new year.

Keith W Sunbury on Thames

Reply to
Keith W

Merry Christmas and Happy new Year. Always enjoy your tips and humour. Did two glow plugs in non turbo 306 cos it stopped firing in the cold mornings. Couldn't reach the other two in the time available. Starts fine like that without all the din it made before. Does this do any harm with just two. John

Reply to
john

"Chris" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@orbsrealm.com...

HAPPY MOTORING IN 2009 WITH ALL (Y)OUR PEUGEOTS. Well, actually with anything on wheels, no matter how many 1, 2, 3, 4, 5?, or 6 ;-)

Grtz, Eric B.

Reply to
pastis

Don't see why it should. Quite possibly the other two were OK anyway, just like when a plug goes on a petrol engine. As long as it starts alright I don't see any problem.

Reply to
Keith W

I am not sure we have many unicyclists contributing to this group ;o)

Reply to
Keith W

"Keith W" schreef in bericht news:gistk2$f85$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net...

Last week I saw a girl with a monowheel on the street, and it seemed just a normal thing to do for her... At least she didn't need much parking space ;-)

And there also are races with motorised unicycles, I haven't seen them yet, but I guess it's big fun!

But does anyone know a vehicle with 5 wheels?

Grtz, Eric B.

Reply to
pastis

I guess the old Scammell Scarab mechanical horse would count if you include articulators. Three wheels on the tractor and two on the trailer.

Keith W

Cheers Keith I'll just leave it be then and save the other two for a rainy day. John.

Reply to
john

Happy Christmas to one and all. Wishing everyone a prosperous new year, especially me :)

Reply to
Godfrey Wilkes

Thanks to all those who have helped make this group the source of help and support it has been. Especially to Keith W on Thames.

From Ken K on Molonglo on the other side of the Earth.

Reply to
Ken

a Reliant Robin pulling a trailer Or this fantastic invention for parking.

lenny

"lenny" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

Great invention indeed!! But I wonder how they manage to keep the boot clean and dry... ;-)

Grtz, Eric B.

Reply to
pastis

I want one.

There was another clever parking idea years ago called The Sidler, invented by one Archibald Butterworth. The vehicle would have a mechanical jacking system on all four wheels similar to that on many London taxis. This involves a leg descending by each wheel and lifting the car. The Sidler had a wheel at the end of each leg and these wheels were at right angles to the road wheels. They were linked mechanically and powered from a friction drive off of the tyres of the driving wheels. The car would pull up beside a spot just wide enough to take it, rise up a few inches into the air and slide sideways into the space.

Reply to
Keith W