I'm thinking of buying a 307

Citroenwas taken over by Peugeot in 1974 Hmmmmm

Me too must be another odd man out. My wife has 307 Hdi diesel has done some

37k and was the first 307 Hdi ordered from our local dealer (Ballarat). Most of the driving has been counrty driving (long trips) and is a pleasure to drive and travel in. The only thing that needs replacing are the tyres they are just too soft for the Australian country roads. Peugeots in Australia have all been noted for reliability and doing thing differently. Funny you know were we live there are plenty of 404,504,505 even odd 603 running around the district. Keith
Reply to
Keith Holley

Yep, I can vouch for Hall Motors Peugeot in Warrington too, they've managed to get all manner of old odd bits for my 205RG in the past and always with good service.

Matt

When living in Manchester, and driving Pugs of that kind of era (i.e.

205, 405, the original 106, 306s etc.) I always had splendid service from all the local dealers - Tom Garner, Brown & White (as it was then), Ashton Lyne Motors etc. The cars were excellent, the service always better than I would expect. If a part wasn't in stock, it would be there next day or they would check with the other local dealers to find one who had it in. I did a good half million miles in those cars, with no major issues. I'd recommend a looked-after second hand one of those without hesitation.

The problem cars seem to be these multiplexed heaps of junk - if you get a good one they are fine, otherwise the dealers (at least my local ones) don't have a clue how to fix them, and Peugeot UK don't give a damn about customer service or satisfaction. They are quite happy that I've been back to the dealer well over a dozen times with my 807 Executive, and it is still unreliable and shoddily built. Everyone passes the buck, no one will take ownership and just get the problem resolved. Even the current 807 loan car I've got is showing some of the same problems that mine has.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Haigh

One thing we like a lot: spacious interior, lots of luggage room.

Good points: steering, brake feel.

Mediocre points: it behaves more like a 8V than a typical 16V, which may actually be good for every day use (the 1.4L, no direct experience with the 1.6L). Build quality is average.

Bad points: the rear suspension is not comfortable enough for a Peugeot.

The bottom line: how lucky you get with its electronics. Ours has been good to us so far. Others have spit blood over it. It is probably decent value for money, especially when considering how pricey immediate competition has got (see Golfs, Civics, Corolas, etc).

Just my 2c.

Nikolas

Reply to
intell1

I have had my 53 plate 307 estate for six months now - it is a 1600cc petrol model and i am over the moon with it - it never drops below 35 to the gallon no matter how i drive it - i am a ford technician and drive fords and work on them all day long - i would not touch any one of them with a barge poll - so i suppose it`s each to his own - if you really want one don`t be put off -go for it !

Reply to
Mike D

Mike D decided to add:

Still dithering, but I think a 307 would do me - a nice 2.0 DTI GLX I think...

Reply to
bigjon

I have a 307 HDI FAP 2.0 16V.

3 weeks ago I had a problem with EGR valve and Peugeot hasn't the spare parts. My car is under warranty and Peugeot Service is not able to tell me when and if they will replace it. Think what you want....

"bigjon" ha scritto nel messaggio news:xdu7wqvt7onc$. snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net...

Reply to
LuckyLuck