thinking of buying disco

Hi all After totalling my car the other night (wanted to get rid of it anyway) I have desided to get myself a disco I'm poor and will be looking for the cheapest good one I can find, could anyone give me a few pointers on what to look out for so I don't end up with a complete dog.

--

101 Ambie - Gemma 101 GS - Tommy (father-in-law got it) and I can't drive any of them :-(
Kay

V8 or TDi...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Hi Tim

I haven't quite desided but I'm thinking more towards a V8 (it's the sound that does it)

--

101 Ambie - Gemma 101 GS - Tommy (father-in-law got it) and I can't drive any of them :-(
Kay

You need to persuade Martyn to sell me Ziggy, at which point the Disco might become surplus...

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

If you go for a V8 get one converted to LPG unless you own a filling station!!!

Peter S

Reply to
Peter Seddon

Just remember Tim I need an auto (and the money to buy one)

--

101 Ambie - Gemma 101 GS - Tommy (father-in-law got it) and I can't drive any of them :-(
Kay

Kay has a 101, so a V8 Disco will feel like running a Smart Car.

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Damn - another fine plan bites the dust!

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

What a bit like the 1995 3.9 Auto 5 door in Biaritz Blue that is sitting on my drive and not being used much you mean? ;-)

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

No wonder Kay's poor ;-)

Peter S

Reply to
Peter Seddon

yes but my 101 sits on the drive all fenced in cuz I can't drive a manual and can't afford the new gearbox :-(

I is poor cuz I can't work and benefits are only good if you don't drive, eat, watch tv or smoke.

;-) K

--

101 Ambie - Gemma 101 GS - Tommy (father-in-law got it) and I can't drive any of them :-(
Kay

sorry Steve its a bit far to come for a look I'm in Northampton. :-(

--

101 Ambie - Gemma 101 GS - Tommy (father-in-law got it) and I can't drive any of them :-(
Kay

Did you get the quote from wossisname for the box and 4.2? Dare I ask?

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

The best I ever got was between 3 and 5 grand that would cover supply and fit 4.2 V8, auto box and powerstearing but I haven't investigated further as there is so much needs doing as brev keeps nicking bits off it to keep his going.

BTW he's found himself some seats (out of my vectra - nice my car he gets the seats) and if he thinks he's having my stereo he can think again.

--

101 Ambie - Gemma 101 GS - Tommy (father-in-law got it) and I can't drive any of them :-(
Kay

You just can't leave landrovers sitting about for too long, bits always seem to walk off :) When you get yours back on track, you can start stealing bits back!

Reply to
Tom Woods

That's what decided Bruce when we were given the choice.

Reply to
Nikki

On or around Sat, 15 Nov 2003 20:30:04 -0000, "Kay" enlightened us thusly:

hmmm. why in particular a 4.2? I'd have thought that's gonna up the price.

I heard of a 3.5 RR auto, good driver but scrap body (rust, I assume) going for 800 notes not long back. This should give you almost all the bits you'd need in one handy package, including the power steering box...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

This is all to be fitted to my 101 ambie so that I can drive her once again she also needs a left foot accelerator which I now have from my car (her sitting on the drive doing nothing is depressimg me)

I originally sort an auto for the 3.5 that she has in her with no joy so I was told about a 4.2 up for grabs this would be stripped and rebuilt to make sure it was a good one, and finding a box to fit it was easy.

But who would do the work I'am unable to do it myself my mecanical days are over that and I can't afford another scrap pile on my drive (will be moving very soon to a more suitable property - for me not the trucks)

--

101 Ambie - Gemma 101 GS - Tommy (father-in-law got it) and I can't drive any of them :-(
Kay

On or around Sun, 16 Nov 2003 13:08:30 -0000, "Kay" enlightened us thusly:

ah well, that's a different problem. bummer about unsuitable truck-space.

meanwhile... the RR auto will fit 'most any V8.

Without having tried it on a 101, but based on my experience of similar job on the 110... I'd say about 2 weeks work, full time. say about 80-100 hours, I guess at 20 quid an hour that does indeed come to about a couple of grand.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

So can anyone enlighten me on what to look for when buying a disco or am I on my own with my fingers crossed when I part with my money. K