Thinking of buying 2002 Explorer

Hi gang. It's been a while but I'm thinking of buying a 2002 Explorer, 4 L sohc. Consumer Reports ranks it 8.1/10 so that's not too bad. Anybody with some real life opinions on it. Should I buy or should I stay away? 37,000 km on it....

I'm gonna keep my 98 F150 4X4 though.

Reply to
skye

I love my 2002 Explorer. No problems so far! Unless paying cash, consider purchasing new. The difference in finance rates makes it more sensible to purchase new.

John

Reply to
PC PODD

Thanks for the advice. I'm buying it used and I'll go cash. I took it for a third test drive tonight and I'm going to finish the deal tomorrow. I am pretty impressed with it overall so that can't be all that bad.

I'll let you know how I feel about it this time next week!

Reply to
skye

Update: Bought it. Love it! I need to figure out the gas mileage so I'll be making a few longer trips this weekend. Yeah.

Reply to
skye