Is the Citroen Saxo really the Peugeot 205?

I parked my 205 next to a high model Saxo a while back and noticed they have the same basic lines. I reckon that PSA designed several replacements for the 205 and the Saxo was one of them.

I know lots of small hatchbacks look the same but the 205 and the Saxo have far more in common with each other (such as the rear light cluster shapes) than other hatchs.

Am I mad? Is it just coincidence or are they really linked?

Reply to
Streltsky

The 205 was effectively replaced by the 106, the 106 and the Saxo are 90% the same, 99% the same mechanicals and some bodywork.

Reply to
Mr Benny

205 and Saxo are unrelated.

However, the 106 and the Saxo are exactly the same car.

Reply to
Nom

I wouldnt go that far, they do share a few vital components!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

They do ? What like ?

I thought they were two completely seperate chassis ?

Reply to
Nom

Hi,

True. Saxos, 106s used the AX platform (designed for TUs). The 205 has a different platform (which AFAIK wasn't used for any other car, excepted partially the 309).

Some engines (injected petrol TUs) and associated gearboxes (MA series). Perhaps some other parts (like discs or calipers), but I'm really too lazy to crawl through the parts lists :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

"G.T" wrote: > Hi, > > > I thought they were two completely seperate chassis ? > True. Saxos, 106s used the AX platform (designed for TUs). The > 205 has a > different platform (which AFAIK wasn't used for any other car, > excepted > partially the 309). > > > They do ? What like ? > Some engines (injected petrol TUs) and associated gearboxes > (MA series). > Perhaps some other parts (like discs or calipers), but I'm > really too lazy > to crawl through the parts lists :-) > > Regards, > G.T > snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr > 205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :

I know the Saxo doesn?t use the 205 Chassis :roll: What I was wondering was if anyone knew if the Saxo is effectively a redesign of the 205?

Cheers for the replies anyway :)

Reply to
Streltsky