Paraffin engine flush - myth?

Hi,

I have a noisy XUD diesel engine on my 205 - sounds like an old 8 valve fiesta, it's really clicky when you rev it. Firstly is this normal? And secondly if not, is it true that you can flush the engine with half-half cheap engine oil and paraffin and run for 15 minutes to solve it? Or should I just change the oil for some quality oil and have done with it. Cheers

Reply to
The Devils Advocaat

I don't think any one would risk using paraffin to flush out a engine. just buy some good engine oil.magnatec oil for diesel engines.i have found it very very good on a engine with 254.000 on the clock.and dont use a drop of oil or water..

Reply to
Chris