406 Exec HDi (110), cruise control not working

Can anyone help?

Just bought this car and can?t get the cruise control to work the light comes on when you switch it on but nothing happens when you try to set a speed in the memory using the stalk.

have tried it over 30mph in 4th & 5th gears to no avail,

is there anything obvious i can check, or is it the dreaded diagnostic plug in at the local peugeot/ripoff garage :cry:

Reply to
stiffparrot

"stiffparrot" wrote: > Can anyone help? > > Just bought this car and can't get the cruise control to work > the light comes on when you switch it on but nothing happens > when you try to set a speed in the memory using the stalk. > > have tried it over 30mph in 4th & 5th gears to no avail, > > is there anything obvious i can check, or is it the dreaded > diagnostic plug in at the local peugeot/ripoff garage :cry:

forgot to say i have checked the fuses and they are ok :cry:

Reply to
stiffparrot

"stiffparrot" wrote: > Can anyone help? > > Just bought this car and can't get the cruise control to work > the light comes on when you switch it on but nothing happens > when you try to set a speed in the memory using the stalk. > > have tried it over 30mph in 4th & 5th gears to no avail, > > is there anything obvious i can check, or is it the dreaded > diagnostic plug in at the local peugeot/ripoff garage :cry:

Hi, cruise control may not be enabled in the ECU, it could have had a software upgrade done incorrectly before you bought it. I assume yours is an auto, not a manual which has had an add-on. Probably a job for the dealership. T.

Reply to
Tonyh

"Tonyh" wrote: > Hi, cruise control may not be enabled in the ECU, it could > have had a software upgrade done incorrectly before you bought > it. I assume yours is an auto, not a manual which has had an > add-on. Probably a job for the dealership. > T.

hi Tony and thanks for your reply

Its a manual box, dont know whether the executive comes with this as standard or was an add-on later on,

would it have an extra switch on the brake pedal, i.e one for the brake lights, and one to cancel the cruise control or would you think they both utilise the same switch, i am also assuming that there is a motor somewhere to control the accelerator?

getting closer and closer to a diagnostic plug in LOL

Reply to
stiffparrot

On 20 Jul 2005 14:36:22 -0400, a particular chimpanzee named stiffparrot randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

I had a couple of jobs done to my 307 after which the cruise control didn't work. If it's less than 3 years old (or if it was the last time the trained Peugeot chimpanzees were allowed to play with it), then it should be covered by warranty. If they don't play ball, kick up a fuss, preferably when the showroom is busy.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

"stiffparrot" wrote: > Can anyone help? > > Just bought this car and can't get the cruise control to work > the light comes on when you switch it on but nothing happens > when you try to set a speed in the memory using the stalk. > > have tried it over 30mph in 4th & 5th gears to no avail, > > is there anything obvious i can check, or is it the dreaded > diagnostic plug in at the local peugeot/ripoff garage :cry:

Hi again, Probably better to get a more informed opinion than mine. I run a petrol auto with cruise, and a HD110 auto without cruise. It does seem strange that a cruise is fitted to a manual box though. A Hdi would not need an actuator I dont think, cos the ECU can just open up the injector pulse width, but I,m not really sure. T.

Reply to
Tonyh

"" wrote: > On 20 Jul 2005 14:36:22 -0400, a particular chimpanzee named > stiffparrot randomly hit the > keyboard > and produced: > > >Just bought this car and can?t get the cruise control to work > >the light comes on when you switch it on but nothing happens > when you > >try to set a speed in the memory using the stalk. > > >is there anything obvious i can check, or is it the dreaded > diagnostic > >plug in at the local peugeot/ripoff garage :cry: > > I had a couple of jobs done to my 307 after which the cruise > control > didn't work. If it's less than 3 years old (or if it was the > last > time the trained Peugeot chimpanzees were allowed to play with > it), > then it should be covered by warranty. If they don't play > ball, kick > up a fuss, preferably when the showroom is busy. > -- > Hugo Nebula > "If no-one on the internet wants a piece of this, > just how far from the pack have you strayed?"

Thank you all for your comments, will probably leave it for now and save up for a diagnostic test LOL. have to fix the aircon first, No1 priority in this weather

Cheers

Reply to
stiffparrot

"stiffparrot" wrote: > Thank you all for your comments, will probably leave it for > now and save up for a diagnostic test LOL. have to fix the > aircon first, No1 priority in this weather > > Cheers

Have been digging around by the brake pedal, there are 2 switches one red plug and one white plug,

the white one is definately the brake light control plug, what is the red one for, could this be linked to the cruise control circuit?, i.e. I know the cruise control cancels when the brake is applied.

its a bit awkward to get out to test it, but will try

Reply to
stiffparrot

"stiffparrot" wrote: > Can anyone help? > > Just bought this car and can't get the cruise control to work > the light comes on when you switch it on but nothing happens > when you try to set a speed in the memory using the stalk. > > have tried it over 30mph in 4th & 5th gears to no avail, > > is there anything obvious i can check, or is it the dreaded > diagnostic plug in at the local peugeot/ripoff garage :cry:

cruise control is now working, :D

it was simply the switch in the wrong position on the brake pedal..

Reply to
stiffparrot