LOSS OF POWER

Hi can any one advise,got peguot 406 HDI 2000 X plate,

I was out in the car tonight car was fine perfoming and accelerating well i got on to an open road put my foot down the acclerated lovely then got to about 80 mph the car would not then accelerate beyond this and it would not rev above 3000 rpm, so stopped turned round and headed home would not accelerate wot so ever completley flat then i actuaualy stopped turned of engine to visit shop came back to car it started first time and all is well again exclerating like it should and reved above 3000 rpm. Dose any one know reason for this? or is this a comon fault/thing . Please help if you can . thanks scott

Reply to
scott

"scott" wrote: > Hi can any one advise,got peguot 406 HDI 2000 X plate, > > I was out in the car tonight car was fine perfoming and > accelerating well i got on to an open road put my foot down > the acclerated lovely then got to about 80 mph the car would > not then accelerate beyond this and it would not rev above > 3000 rpm, so stopped turned round and headed home would not > accelerate wot so ever completley flat then i actuaualy > stopped turned of engine to visit shop came back to car it > started first time and all is well again exclerating like it > should and reved above 3000 rpm. Dose any one know reason for > this? or is this a comon fault/thing . Please help if you can > . thanks scott

Seems that it got into the engine saftey mode for some reason.

Reply to
Fusion