Peugeot 205 Carb problems?

I've got a Peugeot 205 Raylle Sport Special 1993 "K" plate, it currently has 157,700 miles, and I suspect the carberettor is playing up, this is a manual choke car with solex carb, TU3S engine.

On setting the choke in the mornings at the desired idle speed, after a few minutes, the idle speed will increase/decrease and "wobble" all over the place, sometimes "it sticks", as if too much fuel is choking the engine, maybe carb/thorrtle cable is stuck open etc

A garage mentioned in the past the throttle linkage is worn.

Will Redex for Carbs help me out?

Reply to
andypandy00

Hi,

Only replying to answer directly your final question - if this is true that there is wear in the throttle linkage, then no Redex wont help you - that just clears out any crap that might have built up in the Carb, (jets, around the throttle body etc) Wont help you with a part that has excess physical wear.

Does the car run OK once it is warmed up ?

Reply to
fairlyclueless