Peugeot 206 Random Misfire

Hi,

Just had a problem with my peugeot 206 1.4LX. Engine Management light came on and beeped, then the car went juddery. Stopped and called the RAC.

When RAC arrived, starting the car had no problems, suggesting intermittent fault.

RAC chap plugged his laptop into the car and reported a random misfire. He said this was most likely to be the coil pack.

Does anyone else know if this is likely to be true? Also, would I be able to fit the new coil pack myself?

Thanks

David

Reply to
SnoopGroggyGrog

I've heard pretty often about 206's faulty coilpack.

It's easy to fit and remove (open the hood - remove the black tube that goes on the motor and into the air intake manifold - remove the electrical connection - remove the two screws (10mm hex) - remove the coilpack) but before boying a new one i'd take a look to the spark plugs. They tend to go nuts at about 50k km.

cia' Max

Reply to
rocciamax.ng

Reply to