Megane MK1 1600 16V misfire

Hi all,

I'm having issues with my Megane cabriolet :(

It started to misfire last week, so a little diagnosis showed that coil pac k 4 had no affect on the engine when the LT feed was disconnected. The coil pack has been replaced, but had no affect. The securing bolt thread on thi s coil pack is stripped though and I cannot tighten the coil pack down suff iciently so I wondered if this could be an issue.

I went on to disconnect the injectors one at a time and removing the feed t o cylinder 3 had no noticeable affect. I've since replaced the fuel rail an d injectors with a set from the breakers, and still cylinder 3 has injector doesn't affect the engine when disconnected.

OBD2 tester via Torque application shows fault code PO304 only.

Any ideas on what to do next?

I'll pick this up tomorrow as I need to get a hire car now for a trip today :(

Cheers, Mark

Reply to
marpate1

Oh, and I changed the plugs and air filter at the same time as the coils. C ar has done around 95k.

Cheers, Mark

ack 4 had no affect on the engine when the LT feed was disconnected. The co il pack has been replaced, but had no affect. The securing bolt thread on t his coil pack is stripped though and I cannot tighten the coil pack down su fficiently so I wondered if this could be an issue.

to cylinder 3 had no noticeable affect. I've since replaced the fuel rail and injectors with a set from the breakers, and still cylinder 3 has inject or doesn't affect the engine when disconnected.

Reply to
marpate1

check that it has a suitable amount of compression.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

[...]

Right so is it missing on pot 3 or 4 ? If *both* pots were dead it'd struggle to run at all.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Good idea. will try and find my compression tester.

Reply to
marpate1

Yeah good point. I'm confused as 4 seems ok, although the fault code is for an intermittent misfire on 4. I think I'll concentrate on the injector on 3 although when the coil lt is removed it does affect the running. Cheers, Mark

Reply to
marpate1