Peugeot 306 air conditioning and coolant

Sorry if this is noddy stuff for you guys, but I don't know if my car has a problem or not. When I use the aircon on my 306 for any length of time, I notice water dripping from beneath the car neat the engine bulkhead. I'm not certain whether its engine coolant (tho' the coolant level seems to stay okay), or just waste water collected by the aircon. I don't want to get ripped off by a garage, but don't want my car to blow up on the motoway either. Any help appreciated.

Reply to
Shortspud

If I remember right, it's usually roughly in the centre of the car, directly under where the heater matrix is located.

It's normal, but it won't hurt keeping a check on things just in case

Reply to
Terrytubby

It is highly likely its only the air-con my 307 does the same thing. Some days its worse than others, I was told high humidity increases the condensation. This is one of the reasons it should be run on a regular basis to stop any mouldy smells occuring when the system is required.

Reply to
Chris

Hi,

The dripping is 99% from the air con. Cooling down air will cause condensation because cold air can include less moist than hot air.A hose near the evapourator will let the water drip from under the car. At a hot and moist day you will notice water dripping from under the car. On my 406 the pipe is visible if the as tray is removed.

Haappy 307 driving.

Allan

"Shortspud" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Reply to
Allan Thams

Guys - thanks, you've put my mind at rest. Regrds.

Reply to
Shortspud