peugeot 306 1.9td HELP!

Hi thereall,

I have got a pug 306 1.9TD recently had to have the thermostat renewed as my blow heaters wont blow hot air now this has been done i still dont get hot air coming thru and also it seems my water is not circulating around the engine and i have found a slight leak on the bottom of the radiator where it connects to an elbow fitting like it isnt connected properly. I returned the car to the garage and they informed me that the head gasket was on its way out and it is no fault of theirs? has any1 any ideas why i can not get hot air into the car, and why my water is motionless?????? PLEASE HELP ME I AM AT MY WITS END!!!! I really dont want to get rid of this car as it is the most economical car i have ever owned at a whopping 55-60 mpg

Thanx in advance for any help u might have :.>

Reply to
slimjim

MICHAEL ROCHE

Sounds to me as if your heater matrix is blocked up, sometimes you can clear it out with a hose pipe. I had the same problem with a Renault 21 not blowing hot air. I disconnected both pipes to the heater matrix and let the hose pipe run through it for 15 minutes. Re-connected it up topped up the antifreeze and all was well again. nice hot air. GGJ

Reply to
Gary G Jones

Ding! Exactly the same on my wife's 106, brown rusty sludge the consistency of toothpaste came out when I flushed it

Reply to
malc

economical

Hi!! Right...... The garage are right, the head gasket will be nothing to do with them-it is just standard wear and tear unfortunately. Ive recently had mine done. But.... from what uve sed....it dusn sound to me like ur head gasket has gone.... because the head gasket goin shouldnt have any effect on the hot air ur getting thru?!! Also head gaskets r EXPENSIVE, so be careful the garage arent trying to rip u off. Right, 1st things first. check inside ur radiator. Is there any brown gunk/liguid? secondly, check underneath the fuel cap. is there any water or a white solid inside the cap? If there is any of those then ur head gasket is probably going. Regarding the hot air, I would have said it sounds more to me like a wiring problem?? Coz if uve had the thermostat changed, i cant understand why it wouldnt work unless there is a problem sumwher wiv the electrics. Id be weary about this garage. r they trying to get u to pay out to get the work done? Hope this helps a little!!

Reply to
andrew_caple

I think you mean oil filler cap.

Could be a blocked heater matrix. Sometimes you can flush them out otherwise it's a right job to change them.

A second opinion is always worthwhile.

Reply to
Phil Cook