Buying 2nd hand 406

Quick questions:

Want a 406 7 seater.

Two possibles on offer

96/97 406 - 100k on the clock - 2 previous owners full service history (not Peugot) HD engine Wants £2895 OR

2000 406 - 117k on the clock - lease car full service history from Peugot Service Dealer HDi engine Wants £4100

Don't know my bonnet from me wing mirror so will pay for an AA check (any comments on this would be useful)!

so on this meagre info. does anyone have recommendations on :

price? am I still looking at shelling out loads after the first 100k? anything to look out for? is HDi much preferrable over HD?

Cheers in advance,

Simon

Reply to
lodtop

Make damn sure the timing belt has been changed and get receipt for it.You will have a bill for 2 grand if if snaps.They say at about 70K miles but it's important.Good cars for me and I despise the French so it must be good for me to buy one.

Reply to
Harry Hotspur