Peugeot 306 keypad immoboliser problems?

Hi,

I have a '94 Peugeot 306 XS with a keypad immoboliser. When I got the car I decided that it would be a good idea to change the code to something I could remember. I followed all the instructions in the user manual exactly and when I finished putting in the old and new codes the immoboliser stopped working. Fortunately for me the car is always switched on but the I think that when I come to sell the car I will lose a lot of money if this problem is still present.

I have taken the car to Peugeot to have it fixed. Big mistake. They charged me £100 and didn't fix it. Peugeot mentioned a bad earth behind the front bumper which I doubt is related to the immoboliser and probably causing my front offside foglight to fail.

Does anyone have any ideas of what could be wrong?

Thanks very much,

Fraz.

Reply to
Fraz