Peugeot 306 indicator and hazard light problems?

Hi there,
My indicators and my hazard lights are not working on my 1995 model xnd 306.
I thought that the problem was due to the indicator relay which is
located under the steering wheel near the fuse box so I bought a replacement relay but the indicators and the hazards still do not work!
Occassionally the indicators and hazards start working again for a day or longer but then they stop working again.
I cant really afford to take the car to a garage so am hoping I can sort it myself.
Can anyone help me at all? Any ideas?
laura_jo snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

sounds like a loose wire probly the one under one of the wings, put each indicator on and wiggle the wires.then u will be able to see which one it is .. chris addlestone surrey.
Well I have just been out fiddling with the wires under the bonnet and as far as i can reach under the dashboard without taking the whole dash board out but the indicators etc are still not working.
Could it have anything to do with the switch attached to the indicator? Because when the indictors first stopped working if i pushed the indicator lever further up they would work ok. Sorry if i am not making any sense I know absolutely bogour all about cars!
laura_jo snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

your making sense have you tryed wd40 spray a bit down into the switch it might do the trick. chris addlestone surrey.

Proper electrical contact cleaner (available from your local motor accessories shop) would be better.
Ron Robinson
R.N. Robinson wrote:

Well Ill try wd40 or get some electrical contact cleaner but if that does not work then i will let you both know.
Thanks for the help
laura_jo snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

one of them sprays got to do som thing.

my 206 did something similar - the connector had come apart from under the steering cowl and a quick snap together and all was well.