Peugeot 306 Questions

2 Quick questions

1997 D Turbo

1) Sometimes when changing gear from 1st to 2nd, once i bring the clutch up to engage 2nd gear their is a knock from under the bonnet, could this because im bringing the clutch up to fast or should this not happen at all ?

2) There is a slight knock from that back side of the car (drivers side) when i go over bumps sometimes. This could be a rattle or maybe suspension ? Exhaust seems ok ?

Any common problems for either of the above ?

Cheers

Mark

Reply to
Mark

I had a knocking over bumps from the rear left hand side. Took my garage ages to find it. It was the axle bushes, they can be seen when the exhaust is removed. I lived with it for ages, and it felt like a new car when it was fixed. You first noise could be a loose/warn engine mount,

Neil

Reply to
Neil D