peugeot 306 xs 1.6

My mate had a go of my 306 over the weekend and was wondering why my car seems to go flat when changing from 1st gear to second the revs just dont seem like they are in place at all it sounds like im changing from 1st gear to 3rd sometimes..

Is this due to my timing??

I also have erratic idling so would all this be down to the timing being out?

Is this easy to cure or should I take it to the garage?

All help fully appreciated

Reply to
Carl Collins