Peugeot 307 SW 2.0 16v

Anyone help ?

My Peugeot has now twice revved very strongly when changing from 1st gear (the engines sounds like it is been driven by a boy racer). The car becomes unoperable and I have had to switch the engine off to gain control again. It leaves a very strong engine smell. After sitting for a few minutes it is fine on start up. I have read about flywheel problems on 307?s, but don?t have a clue what the flywheel is ?

Reply to
Baz

I don't know much about the revving problem but I can tell you what a fly wheel is. It is the huge cog at the back end of the engine that turns the smaller cogs in the gear box. It is the main driving cog that moves everything through to your driving wheels. As for the revving, I have a 99 Ford Ka that has a similar problem to your car (not as extreme) and the problem is a faulty throttle control sensor in the oxygen inlet manifold (comes after the air filter). Don't know if your car has this...I assume it does. Dan.

Reply to
tricky4000

Reply to
Mike D