Peugeot 309 GTi (1.9) Rear Suspension Assembly Required

Hey All,

My trusty 309's rear suspension has seized on one side, it was like this when I bought it a year ago but I didn't realise this until I *tried* to change the standard dampers for sporty bilstein ones, one of the rear wheels is stuck up in the arches, looks good but doesn't drive so..

I bought from my local scrapyard a whole rear suspension assembly from a 309 (diesel) thinking that I could just change the drums for my discs and put it all back on again but after stripping down to the stub axles I realised that the GTi has different bearings and exen the stub axle is longer :(, I believe I can still get the axles hydraulically pressed and changed however at this point I fell it may be easier just to source a non-seized whole assembly, dampers and discs not required, I am in South London.

One last thing, even though the 205 GTi variant will fit, again (apparently) the stub axles are shorter and ride height lower so is not advised...?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Reply to
CAd

Hi

Heres a link to a company who supply fully reconditioned units with 2 years warranty

Lee Power via CarKB.com

It's the damper that's seized, if you are replacing it, job done!!!

I think

-- R

Not so, cos when I took of the old, equally knackered and leaking damper the arm just stayed stuck up in the arches, it was well stuck, probably not advisable but both me and my mate were both jumping up and down on it to try to release the 'rusty' splines... Whole unit required, Peugeot UK want £600 for all new parts.

Reply to
CAd

I see mention of

it helps I had the rear suspension of my 405 turboD estate replaced by them last summer and all seems well.They're near Honiton ... so it's a hack down the 303/30Did it while I waited - took several hours - did timing belt and heater hoses behind engine at same time ...all very reasonable. Obviously you'd have to stress the GTI and longer stub axles etc. I imagine they'd transfer your stub axles with appropriate new bearings. Strange place out in the country ... but they do seem to know what they're doing.Cheers.

Reply to
Wichita