Peugeot 405 GRDT 1.9 1993 data

I am looking for any data about this car since I bought it recently and have no manual about stuff like fuel quantity, fluids,..... Any usefull links are welcome as well as experiences. Anybody selling a maintenance manual in any form feel free to reply. Of course it has a handfull of bugs but so far I am pleased with the car, ( you get what you pay for) ;naturally changed the belts immediately but my mechanic does this by memory and not by the book.

Thanks in advance, Damir

Reply to
DKovacic

Hi,

Fuel capacity : 70l ; Coolant capacity : don't know, change every 2 years with -30°C fluid ; Oil capacity : around 5l including filter ; Timing belt : 120,000km or 5 years (first term) ; Max speed 175KPH.

HTH, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

"DKovacic" wrote: > I am looking for any data about this car since I bought it > recently and have > no manual about stuff like fuel quantity, fluids,..... > Any usefull links are welcome as well as experiences. > Anybody selling a maintenance manual in any form feel free to > reply. > Of course it has a handfull of bugs but so far I am pleased > with the car, > ( you get what you pay for) ;naturally changed the belts > immediately but my > mechanic does this by memory and not by the book. > > Thanks in advance, > Damir

You could try a scrapyard, some of them don?t clean out the cars so you can come across manuals every now and then. I?ve never understood why people don?t give you the manual when they sell the car. Maybe they throw them away :?

Reply to
Streltsky

G.T wrote: > Max speed 175KPH.

Errr, that would be in seventh gear with overdrive engaged?

:/)))))))))))

Reply to
Wichita

Hi,

LOL ! I wrote 175KPH, about 110MPH. That was the official manufacturer figure, I guess it's pretty true, due to power (92HP on a '93 DT) - keep in mind that the 405 had a good SCx (Cx=0.31, S+/-2 (I don't want to calculate this today), SCx =+/-0.62/0.65). That's the only one thing you have to think about, 'cause weight is almost neglectable - from 35KPH you mainly fight against air resistance to move faster.

Cheers, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Someone I worked with was picked up in a diesel 405 and the police clocked her at 115mph. Probably a tail wind but pretty fast.

Reply to
Keith Willcocks