peugeot 406 exec - speedo problem

I have an intermittent problem with the speedo on my 406 Exec. this is an intermitent fault, when I am driving along it sometimes just drops to 0 mph until I get to above 60mph when it works fine, other times it reads ok for weeks on end before it has issues again . This leads me to believe that it may have a faulty connection or a lose earth somewhere.... but that is just my (usually useless) guess work. Any help would be greatly appreciated Many thanks Nige

Reply to
niggy0

Hi Nige,

I had a similar problem with my speedo. Garage changed the sensor and now it's fine.

Best regards Jaochim Engel

"niggy0" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Reply to
Joachim Engel

HOw much was this - can it be done by myself?

Reply to
niggy0

"niggy0" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Hi Nige,

here in Germany it was 34 EUR for the sensor and 12 EUR for the work (excl. tax). I don't know if one can do oneself, because I'm not able to.

Good luck, Joachim Engel.

Reply to
Joachim Engel

disconnect and check the connector in some cases they melted on the 406

Reply to
Mindwipe