1996 406 plip programming / immobilser problem

Hi,

I'll start from the beginning. I'm getting desperate, any ideas would be very much appreciated.

A couple of months ago I bought a 1996 406LX with coded anti-start. The code for the anti-start was forgotten by the previous owner (a friend, I believe him). We knocked a bit off the price knowing that when the key battery ran out I would be stuffed for starting the car.

A few weeks ago the key button unlocked the doors but the immobiliser remained on. I was towed to Peugeot who sent the ECU somewhere to be reprogrammed. The car came back with a new code which works fine although they had not set the plip to automatically turn off the immobiliser.

I followed the instructions which i have on a leaflet from peugeot (came with the car). It has not worked for me - and I've tried a hundred times. Those intructions were:

Ignition on Enter code Press CC Press Key button Press secondary key button ( I only have primary key, other instructions i found online said to press the primary again) Press CC Press C1C

The steps are confirmed by bleeps as the leaflet describes.

I also read something vague about turning the ignition on and holding the button for 15 seconds. This appears to do nothing.

I'm wondering if the plip is broken. This would seem most likely to me. The battery was tested when the AA came to take me away and it was fine, I don't know if it could randomly just lose its coding... I don't know enough about it but could the fact that the ECU has been reprogrammed (or whatever they did to it) mean my plip thing won't work with it anymore? I'm getting so sick of putting the code in, and I always forget. So so frustrating.

So, if anyone can help me I'll be extremely grateful!

Thanks for taking the time to read all that.

Ben.

Reply to
Ben

Ben, Firstly I would say, take it back to Peugeot, it should have been part of the job...

Secondly, key re-programming is as follows :- Insert key into ignition. Turn key to position 2 Press and hold the larger of the two buttons for *about* 10 seconds, or until the little light on the key goes constant then goes off. If this does not work, try new batteries in the key - They take two.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy
406 LX,,,,,,, is this a diesel model,,, sorry for asking , I'm not up on model codes,

Fitzy

Reply to
Fitzy

As soon as I have time, and tried changing the batteries...

Holding the button doesn't make the light go constant, tried a good few times.

Thanks for the ideas though. Anything is worth a go.

Ben.

Reply to
Ben
2.0i petrol.