peugeot 406hdi90 crankshaft speed/position sensor

the sensor in the bell housing keeps getting damaged. Has anybody out there any idea what may be causing the problem

Reply to
paljade11

In what way is it getting damaged??it might be to long.or it could be not in right, cant say untill we know in what way it is getting damaged.

Reply to
Chris

i found the one last week had the plastic on the end broken off as though it had been hit with something.I replaced it on tuesday with a new one i did 200 miles and similar damage has occured to the new one

Reply to
paljade11

Was it the same lenght as the old one? it sounds like it was to long and got hit by the clutch drive plate.

Reply to
Chris

the sensors were the correct fittings for this engine and are not adjustable

Reply to
paljade11