P1336 Crankshaft Position Sensor pathfinder 2000

Hi, few days ago car starting to stall when engine warm up Check engine code P1336 come up (Crankshaft Position Sensor )

I call diller, they sell only disributor kit (~700$) In few places on net I found Crankshaft Position Sensor sold separatly.

Do I really need to get disributor or Crankshaft Position Sensor would be enough?

Thanks Alex

Reply to
Alex

On the altimas and sentras, there's a camshaft position sensor and a crankshaft position sensor. They are often mistaken one for the other. Your engine is probably similar if not the same. The Crank sensor is relatively cheap, approx $50. The cam position sensor, at least on the Alty and Sentra, is part of the distirbutor and would be sold as one unit, the distributor. It's expensive. $

Perhaps this is the confusion going on here.

Hope this helps

CD

Reply to
codifus

A CKPS should be cheap enough (less than $50) to try and fix this problem. The problem here I think is that the dealer may have heard CAMshaft Position Sensor (CMPS), which in some Nissan car, e.g., Sentra and Altima's are BUILT-IN into the distributor. Since your code is P1336, don't get that 700 dollar item. It is not going to fix your problem. When I had a code P0340 (CMPS), my local dealer says yep we got it, and it will be 50.00. But it turned out he was trying to sell me CKPS. Another fella here straightened me up and I bought a NEW distributor assembly from EBay and that fixed my problem.

Reply to
cmdrdata