Pug Newsgroup - Should We Become Moderated?

Hi

I normally lurk but have received good info here in the past that has kept my 1998 406 running well....

We're getting tons of SPAM/Junk/other filth, most of which isn't related to our brand - is it worth changing the charter of this NG to become moderated to throw out all the junk?

Would anyone (A regular poster, please) like to volunteer to be a moderator?

What do you think? Please post your replies or email to me on my return email address where I can post your responses here without your return email addresses for discussion.

Adam H

Reply to
Ex Alfa Adam

Johny H

Do what?! This is usenet, the great democrtatic institution where anybody can post and anybody can ignore at their will.

This is either a troll or you just need to learn how to drive your newsreader a little better. Or perhaps you need to get a newsreader rather than Outlook Express which is worth exactly what you paid for it - but even OE has filters. My normal practice on here is to just download the headers and select which bodies to get later but I have filters set to download bodies if the subject concerns my model, 306 and diesel being the operative words.

Reply to
Phil Cook

Phil Cook wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I paid nothing for XNews, but shows how a newsreader should be done!

OE is sort-of paid for through Windoze Tax.

Reply to
southpawArcher

Do you think it is worth upgrading fro Agent 1.9x to Agent 2.0? Have you seen any improvemnts?

Reply to
Peter

I have been a member of various newsgroups for decades and all have been useful. None have been moderated.

All my groups have been successful in ignoring or dealing with irrelelevant or disruptive posts.

Your post suggests that you are a newby (a usenet term). Hang around and you will see how this group survives without a moderator.

Reply to
kkerrison

The simple fact is that this group in the alt. hierarchy cannot become moderated. The charter is set in stone and cannot be altered.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Mason

I dont appear to get any spam on this NG, its the only one i dont get it on!?

Coyoteboy