studes!

can we get some help to deal with list practices please?

Reply to
Aspac Hareac

You mean our cardinal rule on the Stude NG? "Don't be a dick".

Reply to
zoombot

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

WTF are you talking about?

What help do you need?

Maybe you need help understanding that this Usenet Newsgroup has no moderator and no need for a moderator ?

Reply to
Mark Dunning

Is this what your looking for?

Hi there.... Welcome to the Studebaker Newsgroup.

This is a very active newsgroup. You will be traveling all over the world and meeting people with a common interest, **STUDEBAKER**! There is no reason to be shy, but you do not have to participate if you choose not to. We have lots of "lurkers" here, (people who just watch what's going on in the NG), which is fine too. But when you get comfortable, just jump right on in! We have LOTS of regular contributing "newsgroupers" (NG'ers).

You will find many different kinds of Studebaker people here. Some prefer their Studebakers perfectly stock, some have modified their cars, some drive theirs daily, some just show, some just dream, or you can find your first Studebaker right here, (you don't have to actually own a Studebaker), anyone with ANY interest in Studebakers is welcome.

Also, this newsgroup is part of the Studebaker web ring. These are places around the world with Studebaker related subjects and are privately owned web sites. They can be just fun, informative or commercial places to visit. There is a wealth of information combined in them. A good place to start your travels on the web ring can be found at

Another great resource, (and another opportunity to support our favorite automobile), is the national Studebaker Drivers Club. Please check in at
You are very welcome there too! There are a lot of 'conversations' that go on here simultaneously, so you need to visit often to sort it out. You can read and share anything interesting about Studebaker history, upcoming events, news, Studebaker places to visit, Studebaker sightings around the world, technical help, items for sale, items to trade, items wanted, even free items, etc., (and we always enjoy just plain old personal Studebakering family stuff!). This is a fantastic place for finding everything from a museum quality car to that unusual, rare or badly needed part. There are a lot of extra 'eyes' that can look for something for you worldwide.

This is a newsgroup that particularly enjoys your own personal Studebaker information, news, family stuff and LOTS of pictures! Many of our "regular" participants here enjoy personal relationships formulated through meeting at the numerous Studebaker events held throughout the year. Although this is not a "binary" newsgroup, you will find that it is possible to post and enjoy pictures here. A good tip so that the server will post pictures and keep them up for you is to post lower resolution pictures, usually .jpg or .jpeg will work best, and post no more than two at a time. If you have problems with posting or seeing pictures on this newsgroup, you will normally have to contact your ISP to correct the problem.

Things about newsgroups in general, and the Studebaker newsgroup in particular......

We do not have a moderator here, and by common consensus, nor do we want a moderator. Hopefully, through good manners and simple common courtesy we can all enjoy this newsgroup.

A lot of topics get discussed here and not all are Studebaker related. Read the discussion or "subject headers", (a description of what is being discussed), carefully. If you see a discussion marked as - (ot) - in the subject header, this means "off topic", and probably is interesting but has nothing to do with Studebakers. As this is normally an adult related newsgroup, the topic might even be an "adult" or "risqué" subject. If the OT subject doesn't interest you, simply skip by that discussion.

Posting off topic (OT) subjects is not discouraged here. If you start a discussion that is not Studebaker related, please just put in the header. However, please note that political, religious and certain "humanity" related, (or "politically correct" if you will), subjects that have been posted here in the past have created extreme dissention and problems on this newsgroup. Those subjects are not welcome at all on the Studebaker newsgroup.

Manners are a personal thing, and this newsgroup is made up of people from around the entire world. Some people are bold, loud, and brash behind a keyboard. Some like to argue, some are polite, ALL have their own opinions. Please remember that each and every other person here probably has a different opinion about certain Studebaker subjects, but more especially they DO have a different opinion about any other subject not related to Studebakers. Please don't hash out personal conflicts or extreme differences of opinion on the newsgroup. Personal problems should be handled personally, (via e-mail or by any other means of your choice), please do not subject the entire newsgroup to it. Good manners are important in any group, and directly reflect upon the person who is posting. Please use your best manners and common courtesy for the benefit of the entire newsgroup.

Don't post SPAM here...ever.

Don't reply to SPAM for any reason...ever. (or at least not on the NG.)

Don't post your, (or any other person's), name, address, phone number or e-mail address in an open discussion or post to the newsgroup. Do that via private e-mail or you will likely become the target of telemarketers and SPAM. That information is routinely scanned off of the newsgroup by them.

Don't "troll" (an internet term for antagonizing posts meant to stir up trouble).

The best way to stop a troll is by simply not responding to them, PERIOD. Telling them what your opinion is about the subject that they posted gets other members to respond, then on and on. Responding to a troll causes just as many problems as being a troll. It is VERY hard not to respond sometimes, but the response is what a troll lives for. Please refrain from responding to any troll...

And the most important "tip" for this newsgroup:.........

***** Have fun!*****

This is a great place to have a good time with great people. A fantastic resource to add to the great sources already out there. It is a place you can visit anytime, any place. Stay as long as you want. Leave any time you want. Lights are always on. Thanks for visiting.

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt