307 CD/Radio

Hi,

I want to replace the piece of cheap plastic junk in the dash (Clarion/VDO) with a nice radio with MP3 capability but the wiring looms in new Peugeots/Citroens/Renaults are incabable of adopting 3rd party heads. Can anyone with some experience with a sound upgrade in a 307, recommend an adapter or harness manufacturer who has a good history? It would be nice to keep the dash computer readout and steering column controls.

Please post to the news group, not to me.

Thank you, Ed.

Reply to
Sargasso_C

There are lots of companies who produce such items, but they don't come cheap, most seem to be for the SONY head units. Try Autoleaqds on 01420 470618 or snipped-for-privacy@autoleads.co.uk

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Been thinking about the same thing myself, especially as the in-dash CD changer has failed (awaiting replacement under warrenty)

The Blaupunkt range of stereo's are now available with a "multiplex bus" interface which allows it to be intergated into the existing 307 controls (not sure about the display tho) Im thinking of doing DAB and maybe hooking up my iPod at the same time ;-)

Good luck!

John.

Reply to
John & Frank