Re: [205] Engines, but which one?

Or you could run it on carbs and do without the wiring for the injection.

> Still makes a nice engine. >

of course, but you may as well get a TU3S lump to start with as it'll be cheaper and easier to find

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I've got the TU3S in there at the moment, was just pondering putting something else in for a bit of a laugh when my engine finally dies, or costs too much come MOT time.

-- Ryan Gillett Peugeot 205 XS 1.4 TU3S Carb

Reply to
Ryan Gillett

If you feel confident about putting a new wiring loom in, then i'd say the TU3 MPi engine. If i could afford it i'd probably do it to my 205 (especially since a dieing piston ring is looking more and more likely)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

You are my hero! Thats exactly what i need, and its in Southampton as well. Will save me stripping down my engine again!!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

I'd make him an offer to take it off eBay personally - Although having said that, they rarely go over 100 quid on there anyhow.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

also, if it had been closer to me (I'm in the North West) then I'd prolly have gone for that!

:-)

Oh well - I've just spent lots on getting the head gasket done on mine, so I guess I should stick with it for a while!!! I'm on just under 128,000 miles and it's still going well!

Cheers, Matt

Reply to
Matt

Heh!

I don't do any sort of road rallying or anything like that - unfortunately my wife likes to think she does - so I don't let her drive it so often!!!

;-)

I'd be surprised if it's an MPi one - the TU MPi came pretty close to the end of the production run of the 205 - then again, it is low mileage - Fingers crossed for you...

Cheers, Matt

Reply to
Matt

Hello,

Well, 1993 here, due to catalyzer. The 205 end of production was on July '98, even if no ad was made for it (should have been replaced by the 106 since 1993, but prolonged 'cause of it's success).

Regards, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr snipped-for-privacy@ironmaiden.com

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

Well it was a 106 SPi engine, which would have been perfect for me, but 46 seconds before the auction ends the seller cancels it. Bastard

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

All crossed here!

:-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Its mine for £70. That'll do me just fine, although was hoping for a bit cheaper than that!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

That's still cheaper than I've seen them go for before (around 100 quid)

So it's a 106 SPi engine - cool - let us know how you get on. I wouldn't mind knowing how you connect it all up actually!

Cheers, Matt

Reply to
Matt

All the SPI gubbins is going, and the good(!) old Solex is going on, maybe along with the head depending on what state its in. If not 205 cam will go into 106 head and we'll hope for the best. So will be the same spec engine as before (with some less old/new parts)

Just gotta find a time and place to do it now!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Best of luck! Out of interest, did they say why they had it for sale? Write-off?

Matt

Reply to
Matt

He had it as a spare lump for his XS (which was also up on ebay since he's getting a company car). it was out of his mates 106 which was written off in an RTA. so seems quite legit!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs