Re: 206 Xsi Engines

Peugeots 206 xsi used to come with a 90 bhp 1.6 engine, although now

> they have been uprated to 110. I'm looking at second hand ones, and > want the more powerful version, so was wondering what year peugeot > introduced the new engine. > > Also, any thoughts on the car in general appreciated > > Thanks

Well the 90 bhp is actually an XS, the 110 is an XSi so you'll be able to tell the difference that way.

Reply to
Dave

"James" a écrit dans le message news:

I bought my "XT PREMIUM" (I don't know the UK model equivalence) with a 1.6 16V 110ch on March 2001... and It wasn't available in December 2000 the 90ch version was still available on March 2001 but not for long.

XT PREMIUM is the model that comes with : automatic digital climat control, rains sensor, fog lights. 'velour' seats, radio, temp sensor, electrical mirrors... which one is the UK equivalent model name ??

Cheers..

Thierry Alsace

(do excuse my english)

Reply to
Thierry Sundgau

control, rains sensor, fog lights. 'velour' seats, radio, temp

Think thats a GLX in the UK.

Reply to
Dave

Not necessarily, my 2001 Y Reg XSi is badged as an XS, but has XSi on the registration document.

It's a top car though , I would certainly recommend it. What I would not recommend is getting one with a SP Kit (rear spoiler, wheel arches, aluminium grill) it may look good, but my rear spoiler has had to be re-glued twice in as many years, the rear wheel arches are stone chip magnets and the whole kit counts as a modification so if you are honest with your insurance company they will charge you more than a standard car.

Another bit of quality design work is the way the aerial on the XSi and GTi is at the back, so if you do have a tailgate spoiler fitted it rubs on the aerial every time you open the tailgate and you end up with a line on the spoiler which requires regular polishing out.

Reply to
Psyron

all this LX, GLX, XS, XSI stuff, it confuses me. I just figured that if u get a GTI model then you get all the bits and you can then piss everyone else off cos yours is better than theirs. Some people are so touchy about their badges. Its only letters!!!

scott

Reply to
scott

Hello,

control, rains sensor, fog lights. 'velour' seats, radio, temp Radio, indeed ? Sure you meant "CD player" (provided as standard on XT & +, as an option on XR P).

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T