re: 306 FUEL INDICATOR

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why the fuel indicator keeps coming on (no, there's enough petrol!) Its started happening over the past few months. I fill her up with about £10-£15 and then 2 days later the warning light comes on. I ignore it and still drive it as i know what mileage the car does for the amount of fuel and its ok.

I cant understand it!

Reply to
Tony

Not sure what car your on about, or what mileage you do in those 2 days, but I'm sure my 406 could take £5 of fuel and the light would still be on, it has quite a reserve I think. Why don;t you try actually filling the car and see how long it goes then. Also, does the gauge itself work ok,

Neil

Reply to
Neil D

is this a reply??

"Tony" schreef in bericht news:40c193ec$1 snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com...

Reply to
Linea Recta

Your post is rather vague. 2 days later could be a thousand miles, could be ten. Are you saying it comes on well above the red?

Question: When would be a good time for the warning light to come on? 50 miles before empty? 100? 150? 5 or 10 litres?

Another Q: How many miles have you in the car when the light comes on?

Reply to
Phöènix

I remember years ago, in my old 405 handbook, it said the light will come on when you have about 30 miles left, can't be bothered to look in the 406 handbook, but I'd imagine it's the same. the 30 miles though would still depend on what sort of journey and the weight of your right foot,

Neil

Reply to
Neil D

I may still say something similar as a very conservative estimate. I covered well over 40 miles a couple of days ago with the light on. The needle went from top to bottom of the red. I don't know how far off the bottom it goes though, maybe as much again. My guess is that it could be a tenners worth.

Clarkson managed over 120 miles in that Audi V8 didn't he, but he was only using 1200 revs and it is down hill all the way from Nottingham isn't it? jk!

Reply to
Phöènix