Re: remote battery

just bought a 306 1996 xld, without a battery in the key fob for the central

>locking, main dealer wants £8.00+ for replacement!!! can someone advise me >of a pattern replacement?? > >thanks in advance for any help. >

Try Dixons

Reply to
Nigel

I managed to get two from my local newsagents @ £1.35 each.

Just make sure you make a note of the battery type. (marked on top of the battery)

Reply to
Dave H

ok, thanks for the replies but i mentioned that i have no battery in the fob to get the number from! and car spares shops or battery sellers do not list the battery number required. so please, can anyone advise me of the number??

thanks again.

Reply to
glen hayes

Get them from either a chemist or a local corner shop or Its a Gift. Dead cheap, about £1.50 and you need 2. You could also try Autoworld!

scott

Reply to
scott

Took a while to find a screwdriver but got there eventually. The battery type you need is "CR2025" and as Scott says, you will need two.

Dave H

Reply to
Dave H

aren't there two types of 306 fob with differnet battries? a thin case type and a thick case type.

Reply to
SimonDS

Ok Guys So programming a key into a Peugeot is dead easy,

I am telling you this so you dont have to go to the dealers and pay £xx +vat for them to do it, Open the door, sit in the car, turn on the ignition and count to ten. After ten seconds turn off the ignition and you should hear a series of beeps, press the main button on the remote and it will be automatically programmed for you.

The doors will try and lock and there you have it one programmed remote, hope this helps and saves you money....

-- Deviant Devanti

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
Reply to
Deviant Devanti

No Worries, just remember that this will only work on peugeot remote keys and not any aftermarket installed fobs...

Let me know how you get on....

-- Deviant Devanti

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
Reply to
Deviant Devanti

No Worries, just remember that this will only work on peugeot remote keys and not any aftermarket installed fobs...

Let me know how you get on....

-- Deviant Devanti

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*
Reply to
Deviant Devanti

No Worries, just remember that this will only work on peugeot remote keys and not any aftermarket installed fobs...

Let me know how you get on....

-- Deviant Devanti

Reply to
Deviant Devanti

thanks for all the help!! only probs is that batteries replaced my remote wont operate the central locking!! any ideas ? before i go to a dealer!

Reply to
glen hayes