Red warning light on petrol indicator

I have a red warning light on the petrol indicator...No not amber for nearly empty thats on the right.. This is red looks like a cassarole pot and heat coming off Even my peugeot dealer has no idea wot it is.. I may not know nothing about cars but I know a red warning light is telling my some thing.. wot is it ??? The car is running lovely apart from this light..but its due for an MOT next week and want to be prepared for the worse.

Thank you

Reply to
Debbie

What is the model and year Debbie? and is it petrol or diesel?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I'm guessing here, but going by your description, could it be water temperature. Neil

Reply to
Neil D

If its anything like the toyota one, that cassarole pot is your catalytic converter, and the warning light is 'cos its too hot- meaning either dead or dying cat, unless you have a faulty sensor. Could be something completely different on the pug tho, but the description sounds the same.

James

Reply to
Coyoteboy

It just shows you how useless some peugeot dealers are if they can't even tell you what it is.

Reply to
Nick

I find most dealers of most companies have no idea whatsoever of anything other than brake pad checks, and even then some still dont.

Coyoteboy

Hi Not sure what it is but check out this web link,

at the diagrams at the bottom of the page, see if you can find itthere. Hope this helps.

Reply to
Dougie

Useful link Dougie. Thanks I'll file that away

I guess the nearest thing to the OP description is the Overheating cat symbol. Sadly this OP has not followed up on her own posting to respond to others trying to help!! (as often seems to happen)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin