Still having front wiper problem

Hi,

I have taken out the front wiper motor, and opened up the wiper motor (that was a job and a half!) I could see nothing wrong with it at all, and it was in good condition with no water damage, no need for a clean and no broken wires.

I put the wiper motor back and the front windscreen wipers when on intermittent setting, still parks half way up the screen. The back windscreen wiper is fine. I've also replaced the battery (the old battery died over Xmas) so the car's had a reset also.

Is there anything else I could do before getting a new wiper motor?

cookacat wrote: >> The front windscreen wipers on my 306 XSi when on intermittent have >> started to stay stuck half way up the windscreen for about 2-3 seconds >> then carry on. The cycle where they stay stuck should be at the bottom of >> the screen but somehow has now moved up to the middle of the screen. >> >> I have checked most of the electrical wires in the car and nothing looks >> un-toward. >> >> If anybody has any ideas to resolve this issue I'd be grateful >> >> Thanks.

sounds likes it needs a very good clean

Reply to
cookacat

Same problem in 1991 605. Fixed by removing the lid on the motor (3 small bolts) and adjusting (i.e. bending out) the contacts on the lid.

Reply to
Ívar Pétur Guðnason

Hi,

I did remove the motor and take off the lid and I did see the 3 contacts. They seemed fine to me. How exactly should they be bent out?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
cookacat

Well ... They should be bent enogh to reach the contact, but do take care that you do not break them off! I think the end contacts on my motor were about 1-1,5 centimeters from the lid, after the bending. The contact points at the end should also be clean..

Reply to
Ívar Pétur Guðnason