X300 Windscreen wiper problem

I have a weird problem with my XJ6 windscreen wiper.

While driving, for no apparent reason, and without warning, the windscreen wiper will turn on completely by itself and without touching the wiper switch. There is usually no way to turn it off - it will not stop either by trying the intermittent setting, or by normal or high speed. The washers do not activate. The only way to stop it is to pull the wiper fuse in the engine compartment.

Could it be a faulty wiper motor ? Or electrics ? I thought only older Bosh-Lucas Jags had these sort of stupid electrical gremlins :(

Reply to
Losiho

Wierd. Unhook the switch before you replace the wiper control module.

Blake

Reply to
Blake Dodson