Turbo Roar? phase2 306 Dturbo.

When accelerating and the engine is doing around 2500 rpm i seem to get a sudden increase in engine noise or if you like induction roar but only when the engine is under load as soon as i ease off the throttle enough to maintain speed the noise dies away could this be a warning of turbo failure although pickup does not seem to have changed.

Reply to
duwain chase

I've got the same car with the same noise occuring, happens most when accelerating hard up hills, etc, mainly in the low gears? I find this is just induction roar as my car has done this for years, having now covered

150K and with no turbo probs. Engine feels like it will do another 150K, cant say the same about the suspension though!! Hope this helps.

Reply to
JC

When was your last oil change?

Reply to
Marc

Hi Marc

the car has recently been serviced about 100 miles or so and prior to that about 9000 miles or so which is when i first accuired the car i had it serviced for my own piece of mind at a friends garage.

Reply to
duwain chase

I'm not to familiar ith the xud9TE lump in a 306 but with old oil, or the wrong kind ( 15w40 non synthetic) a ratlle occurs in a xud as wel as in a dw10 lump when you put it under load. this may be mistaken for a turbo roar wich is a nice sound to me.

things to check though are lose ducts before the turbo inlet lose inlet manyfold ( gasket gone...) is there an intecooler? check for leaks

all done whit co2 spray

check your Oil!! and use 0w30 full synthetic from shell.

Reply to
Marc

Thanks to Marc and others who spent time to respond to my query

Reply to
duwain chase

Hi,

C'mon Marc, obiously there's an intercooler, as you said it's an XUD9TE, the T says turbo, the E says Echangeur (abr. of Echangeur air/air, intercooler).

BTW the 1.9TD with no intercooler (XUD9T) developped 83HP, IIRC and wasn't fit to any PSA model - you could meet it on Suzuki Santana 1.9TD.

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

i have never seen a motorbay in a 306TD i couldn't possably tell. sure TE stands for Turbo Echangeur but again i only made an asumpition there was an intercooler as there was a TE engine in the damn car. AND you might find rare models of any pug/PSA in different cars so...

then again i stand corrected.

Reply to
Marc

Hi,

So it explains everything :-)

Most used standard Pug engines (2.3D on Fords or Nissans are the antique XD series, Rover 218 used the XUD (7 or 9 I don't know for N/A, neither for turbocharged models), the only PSA "semi-specific" (i.e derivated from a standard engine, but not used on PSA's products) engine I remember is this bloody Santana, which has the 1.9TD without intercooler.

It could well be time for me to be corrected in a short while :-)

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T