Corsa B help please

1998 breeze, C14NZ, Simtec 56.5 (I believe) - 2 probs

1 - Speedo dies when engine hot, fitted new speed sensor, no change.

2 - When pulling away I usually use idle rpm, as clutch engages the system tries to maintain idle revs which it does 90% of the time. 10% it doesn't and the engine would stall without throttle. Changed icv, still the same.

Any ideas however crazy would be most welcome, cheers guys.

Reply to
bm

it is usually a dodgy connection on the back of the speedo, a hard thump on top will often get it going for a short time at least, disntling, cleaning and reassembly usually fixes the problem.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Cheers for that but I already had the clocks out and cleaned contacts etc. Also, the MFD displays zero speed (when you press both buttons together).

Reply to
bm

As per Mr Cheerful- revisit the multiuplugs on back of instrument cluster. In the trade we often have to pack some foam in behind to push pressure on the plugs.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim

"Tim @hotmail.com>"

Cheers Tim, thing is, the MFD (radio/time display) also quits at the same time as the speedo. I.e, if you press both buttons on the MFD it displays speed but displays zero when the speedo quits.

Reply to
bm