No charge and no warning light

There is no charge on my 1999 Elantra battery. Charge warning light is not illuminated when ignition key is on and after the engine starts. What should I look at?

Thank you in advance, Lenja

Reply to
Lenja

illuminated when ignition key is on and after the engine starts. What should I look at?

I'd have the battery checked and replace if necessary. The light is supposed to come on if the alternator is not charging. It may be fine but the battery can be either old or defective and won't hold a charge now.

Also, check the cables for good contact and good ground. That can muck up an electrical system easily.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski