Wheel bolts

Has anybody on this group had a problem with wheel bolts. I recently had new tyres ,when the fitter replaced the wheel he said the the wheel bolts are stripped. This cost me over £200 for a new hub .The threads on the bolts have a very fine thread. 12mm x 1.25 Is this a common problem ? Joe

Reply to
Joe Taylor

"Joe Taylor" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com...

Never heard of it. I recently changed a wheel myself (Peugeot Partner). One thing I always make sure of: tighten wheel bolts only BY HAND! Only for removing bolts pneumatic devices may be used.

Reply to
Linea Recta