Wheel rubbing noise...

Hi all,
I've had a rubbing noise that appears to be coming from the front nearside (passenger side) wheel area when driving. It's more noticable
at higher speeds, say above 40mph.
I don't seem to be able to feel any vibrations in the steering wheel or pedals.
It had a CV boot replaced a few months ago, which previous to fitting was causing a dry loud rubbing noise that was felt in the steering wheel - again at higher speeds only. This noise appeared again, I examined the area, and it appeared they only put a thimble's worth of grease in, I then packed it with grease and the noise went away.
The noise being experienced currently isn't very loud, and doesn't sound too violent. It had a wheel bearing fitted just over 10k miles ago, and this noise is nothing like it was when the wheel bearing was shot.
Any ideas? I've been told by many that it is unlikely to be the driveshaft, as that normally gives a 'knocking' noise.
Thanks.

Probably silly, but I had a rubbing noise which was caused by the mud flap. It has a metal strip attached and it got bent forward when I reversed off of a kerb which forced it against the tyre. Bent it back again to cure it.
--
Keith Willcocks
Keith Willcocks wrote:

Cheers for the response, but yeah I had that problem before too. It's definitely not that. :os
Thanks.

yes its a pugot.......
jim.gm4dhj wrote:

Driveshaft give a Clicking or knocking noise on turns (at slow speed on full lock).put the wheel on full lock and see if it is rubbing inside the iner wing, try it both ways, good hunting from chris.