Become a lifesaver today- How to open bust Pug 205 Bonnet.

If any one can shed some light on this little problem that would be great because my poor 205 going to run out of oil soon if i cant get bonnet up!!! The problem is that the release lever for some reason no longer works, the cable doesn't seem to be broken (Yanked on it with mole grips with no success) so I cant not get the bonnet to release, if any one has any ideas that would be great, I have the front grill off if that makes it any easier. Cheers

Reply to
Noggins82

Can you not just manually release the catch, with a long screwdriver or similar ?

Reply to
Nom

Have an accomplice sit on the bonnet while you pull on the release lever, then ask them to get off while you are still pulling the lever. If the cable really isn't broken, this might just release the catch.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

Have you tried pulling on the cable while getting a someone else to tug the bonnet up at the same time? Otherwise trying to slip a long screwdriver to push the latch is the only way I can think of.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Cheers to all the replys, finally i'm in and my little girl can have the oil change!!! My advise if anyone wants it is dont bother taking the grill you can reach the latch round behind the rad from underneath, just pull on this with a good sized male sat on the bonnet, worked a treat. Next problem, some bastard screwdrived just below my passanger door lock, whats the best/cheapest make the door look alright and secure?

Reply to
Noggins82