XUD7 question

A few questions on the XUD7 engine.

  1. Has it got the ports for turbo charger oil feed pipes, and anything else that would be needed to fit a turbo?
  2. What are those things round the back of the engine that look like blanked ports/holes?
  3. Any way of getting it to run less temperamentally (i.e. stop it getting so horribly sluggish in the heat)?

Cheers.

Reply to
Streltsky

Hi,

No clue.

Errrr... Manufacturing facilities ?

Change oil & filters, or learn driving.

HTH, G.T snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr

205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :
G.T

"G.T" wrote: > Hi, > > > 1. Has it got the ports for turbo charger oil feed pipes, > and anything > > else that would be needed to fit a turbo? > No clue. > > > 2. What are those things round the back of the engine that > look like > > blanked ports/holes? > Errrr... Manufacturing facilities ? > > > 3. Any way of getting it to run less temperamentally (i.e. > stop it > > getting so horribly sluggish in the heat)? > Change oil & filters, or learn driving. > > HTH, > G.T > snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr > 205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :

I change the oil and filter every 5000 miles using GTD magnatec, and turn the air filter every 1000 and change it when I run out of unclogged filter. I know the engine runs slower in summer as hot air has fewer oxygen molecules in the same volume (basic principle behind intercoolers) but was wondering if there was a way around this other than turbos. I was quite interested in the electric "turbo" mentioned in "Need help assembling solex TBIA carb on 309 GL 1.6 ?87" but doubt it would do anything on a diesel. Anything would have to be temporary as I?ve only got this untill I can afford the insurance on something faster. Hope someone can suggest something.

Reply to
Streltsky

I've been fiddling around with two axial compressors which had a fair result, getting an over pressure of about 1ATM ( 1000Mbar) which is actually more than a turbocharger, but which also dropped dramatically once the fan speed rised ( vacuum effect) and resulted in a very anoying whining noise ( choke your vacuum cleaner to get the noise)

one could also benefit from the RAM effect ( getting pressure boost from your own movement) using a RAM filter from the racing shop, the air filter on a 205d is quite bad as it is

fiddling around with the fuel pump gets you some extra boost, but you REALY have to KNOW what your doing then because you fail the MOT test very easely then

If you really want to take it out than maybe a supercharcher is the thing you want...

thing is though, theire expensive, you might just sell yours and get a TE version instead.

Also one might perhaps use a full synthetic oil like shell helix ultra which makes it handling summer heat much better....

if you cant afford to pay the speeding tickets than dont get fast wheels...

Reply to
Marc

"Marc6" wrote: > On 1 May 2005 20:29:04 -0500, Streltsky > wrote: > > >"G.T" wrote: >  > > Hi, >  > > >   > > > 1. Has it got the ports for turbo charger > oil feed pipes, >  > > and anything >   > > > else that would be needed to fit a turbo? >  > > No clue. >  > > >   > > > 2. What are those things round the back of > the engine that >  > > look like >   > > > blanked ports/holes? >  > > Errrr... Manufacturing facilities ? >  > > >   > > > 3. Any way of getting it to run less > temperamentally (i.e. >  > > stop it >   > > > getting so horribly sluggish in the heat)? >  > > Change oil & filters, or learn driving. >  > > >  > > HTH, >  > > G.T >  > > snipped-for-privacy@worldonline.fr >  > > 205 Diesel & turbo-Diesel :

It?s more the humidity that it hates which usually rises in the summer where I live (Cheshire), partly as the filter fills up with water and stuff. I might try the other filter type you suggested, but I?ve never heard of them before so I don?t know if I can get one to fit :? And GTD magnatec is fully synthetic and is far superior to the oils I got when I first got the car.

Otherwise I?ll wait and fit a turbo diesel in about a year when I?ve got the money, and before anyone asks I will be changing the brakes, suspension, driveshfts ect. as part of a complete overhaul and upgrade I?m going to do once I?ve got the time. I would change the car but I want to do the jobs on this one so I know exactly what the cars been through.

I?ve also looked up about fiddling with the pump, but apparently on the standard diesel pump which lacks the overfuel device there is almost no benefit to changing anything (about 3bhp).

Reply to
Streltsky

The RAM effect is used to drive RAMjets in airplaine engines...

one could make the filter oneselfs, our get one from K&N, Green, etc

on

there is a nice picture so youget the idea.

also the airfilter form a 405 might fit in, get the airilet from the front with duct

And

dont know it, but that doesn't say much

that is going to be expensive.....

Reply to