Radio problems 206

Daughter has just got a 206cc and wanted me to swap the SONY head unit from her old 206 to this new one. No problems, fitted fine with a Connects2 unit so the display works as it did in the old 206. Now for the problem, fitted the ex 206cc radio in her old 206, both 03 plate cars. Radio works BUT it constantly makes a beep every couple odf seconds? Any ideas please? Need to get it sorted as she is selling the old one.

TIA

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

its coded to the chassis number of the old car needs to be reset by the dealer

Reply to
mindwipe

I had an awful suspicion that was the problem now for the bads new I suppose, how much is it going to cost to get it reset?

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

ring your local dealer for a quote cos hourly charges vary by region bear in mind it may be cheaper to just stick another radio in it whats happening to the old car ?

Reply to
mindwipe

Old car is being sold privately hopefully. How long 'should' this job take?

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

when i last worked at a pegeot dealership it used to take me between 5 and

10 minutes but you have the dummies called reception and control between you and the guys who do the job
Reply to
mindwipe

Ok thanks, I'll let you know how much the local dealer wants to do the job.

cheers, Len

Reply to
Len Cuff

as an average you are looking at half hour labour as minimum where i work thats about 40 quid inc vat

Reply to
mindwipe